I already have Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) installed to my computer, and I want to change the mailbox address. What should I do?
To change your mailbox address, open the ‘Adobe Digital Editions’ (ADE) e-Book reader and at the same time press (Windows: CTRL+SHIFT+D Mac OS: CMND +SHIFT+D). This will authorize the ADE reader to your new inbox.
NOTE: E-Books authorized in the old mailbox will no longer be available in your new mailbox.
Can I use my e-Book on more than one device? How do I transfer my e-Book from one device to another?
Assuming the ADE/BlueFire reader is installed on each device, has been authorized with the same mailbox and has the same default installation settings, the procedure is as follows:
- Locate the file in the source computer where you intend to save the e-Book. Alternatively, by default the e-Book will be saved in “My Documents”, which is generally located in C:\Users\(local user name)\My Documents\My Digital Editions.
NOTE: The location may vary depending on the computers operating system and installed language.
- Send the file via network, email, or copy to an external storage (e.g. USB, CD, DVD)
- Ensure you have access to files in the destination computer (ADE/BlueFire is authorized for the same mailbox)
- Copy and paste the file into the folder used to store your ADE/BlueFire e-Books C:\Users\ (local user name)\My Documents\My Digital Editions. Alternatively, you can download the e-Book through the interface of ADE/BlueFire.
- Open the reader and the e-Book should be available for reading in your second device.
What is DRM?
Digital Rights Management (DRM) are digital technologies developed to ensure and enable the delivery of documents via electronic media (books, papers, periodicals etc.), that are protected by copyright and/or intellectual rights. Documents are encrypted with DRM and the holder of rights may specify the conditions.
What is the DRM technology used on www.euebooks.com site?
The DRM technology used on our site is an ADOBE © product. ADOBE © is used in our system based on its proven experience in the field of digital documents.
Do e-Books sold from euebooks.com have DRM? If so, what are the restrictions?
Yes, e-Books sold from www.euebooks.com are equipped with the DRM technology.
DRM restrictions may include:
- Number of pages you can print as a percentage of the total number of pages in the e-Book
- Number of pages you can copy and paste as a percentage of the total number of pages in the e-Book
Can I straight away use the purchased e-Book on my computer? Do I need to buy additional software?
Before you purchase an e-Book you will need to install the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) or BlueFire e-Book reader to your computer. This can be downloaded free of charge from www.adobe.com; www.bluefirereader.com.
Can the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) or BlueFire readers only be used for e-Books purchased from www.euebooks.com?
E-Books purchased from other sites may be compatible with the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and BlueFire readers, however this is not guaranteed. It is important to verify the software required before you purchase an e-Book.
Other than my computer, where else can I read e-Books purchased from www.euebooks.com?
Other than a computer, e-Books purchased from this site can be read simultaneously using the Sony Reader, Apple iPod, Android system, or the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and BlueFire e-Book readers.
If I have more than one computer, can I copy the e-Book from one to another?
Yes, e-Books purchased from our site can be read on up to 3 computers at any one time. Each computer must have the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) or BlueFire e-Book readers installed and registered to the same user.
What happens if there is a problem with my computer and the e-Book is lost?
You should always keep a backup copy of any e-Book you purchase. If you do not have a back up of your e-Book, a replacement may depend on your Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)/BlueFire registration status.
If you have not registered your ADE or BlueFire e-Book readers it will be difficult to recover the e-Book. If you have registered your e-Book reader then reinstall it to your device using the same ID from the original installation, and the e-Book should immediately re-load to your device.
Can e-Books purchased from www.euebooks.com be used simultaneously on more than one platform?
Yes, e-Books purchased from www.euebooks.com can be used simultaneously from the Sony Reader, Apple iPod, Android system and the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and BlueFire e-Book readers.